25 Things About Me
I don't know why, but I haven't felt any desire to write much this week and I have enjoyed the mental break. I am seriously trying to focus on shifting my lifestyle to allow myself to relax more, do less, quit over-planning and over-committing to everyone and everything, and listen to my body. If I have learned anything in the past year it is that I push myself too much when at the end of the day, the only person affected by the expectations I set for myself is me! Therefore, I am working to slow down the urge to overachieve. ;)
I was due to link up with the monthly Workin' it Wednesday post, but this month they're discussing getting ready for back to school. Well, surprise surprise I am limited on that topic without kiddos of my own so I have opted to skip the post this month and instead share something light, easy, and hopefully amusing. Perhaps I'll work in a post like this periodically so you get to know more about me in addition to my regular blog posts... We shall see.
1. Who is your hero? Well this is simple - always my dad! He knows everything (human encyclopedia), know how to fix anything and everything, has a lot of life wisdom which is endlessly helpful for advice, has been my security and foundation forever, and has rescued me from numerous childhood "traumas" like electrocuting my finger in a light socket, falling into an overflowing ditch of flooding, rushing water, getting stung by jellyfish...you know, just the average stuff a kid gets into. And when I say "rescue", I mean the man flew like Superman or swam faster than I could think to scoop me up and away from the perils. =)
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? This is tough... Within the USA, I'd say Oregon or Colorado or the Northeast for fall foliage and actual seasons. K, bye! #seeyalateralligator
Outside of the USA based on places I've been, I'd vote Ireland. #kerrygoldforlife #imgonnalivewherethegreengrassgrows
3. What is your biggest fear? Deep water and the creatures down below it.
4. What is your favorite family vacation? From my childhood I would definitely have a hard time choosing between cruises, Disney World, and Schlitterbahn. At the end of the day, I'd probably vote the family cruises.
5. What would you change about yourself if you could? My Rosacea. It's not easy to embrace the self love with that one and if I didn't have it I would be able to skip wearing foundation.
6. What really makes you angry? When someone is rude to another person or makes fun of another person for something they cannot change/control, if someone is disrespectful or inconsiderate, and lying.
7. What motivates you to work hard? Perfectionism. It's deep rooted, and not even a joke. But, I do think we should all strive to be and do the best we can.
8. What is your favorite thing about your career? My favorite thing about my career is that I didn't know I'd ever end up in this job position from a finance background, but it suites my personality, organizational and planning detailed mindset, and gosh do I have an amazing boss that I have been blessed to work for for over 7 years.
9. What is your biggest complaint about your job? When I have one it only rears its head on days that I'm really tired and irritable and that is how frequently everything changes. Because I'm a planner at heart, changing the schedule/calendar/travel can give me momentary anxiety. After this many years, at least it's only a moment's worth.
10. What is your proudest accomplishment? I'd say completing my MBA in 2008 while working full time at a brokerage firm.
11. What is your favorite book to read? EEK! I have so many. I'll direct you to every marriage book I've read and let you take a gander. They lift my spirit with love, joy, and hope every time I read or re-read them and instill in me a desire to want to share that knowledge with others.
12. What makes you laugh the most? Silly stuff like spoofs, puns, memes, SomeEcards, and the PhotoBooth or Snapchats my sister sends me of herself and my family.
13. What is the last movie you went to? What did you think? I last went to the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales with my mom and great aunt. I really liked it for the type of movie it is. I wouldn't normally opt for movies other than comedies, children's movies, or romantic comedies, but that's my mom's favorite so we all went and of course she loved it. =)
14. What did you want to be when you were small? The first thing I remember saying I wanted to be was a mother, but career wise as I got a smidgen older was a marine biologist. HA! That changed once I realized I wouldn't just get to play with dolphins (see #3 above).
15. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? I think I'm pretty simple. It would be to sleep in, go to church, visit with family, walk around in crisp & cold weather somewhere with fall foliage or snow, sit by a fire and drink champagne, and talk with loved ones. This doesn't seem too far out of the ordinary aside from Houston's heat and lack of seasons, but that's what makes my heart happy.
16. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? If I watch a sport, my #1 go-to is football. I've fallen away from truly following it over the years but I actually do really enjoy it.
17. Would you rather ride a bike, a horse, or drive a car? Ride a bike! It is my absolute favorite thing to do when visiting a new place...rent a bike and ride around the city.
18. What would you sing at Karaoke night? I wouldn't. Count your blessings.
19. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? KSBJ and Air 1 radio
20. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum!
21. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? I don't currently have a yard and actually do like mowing, but I would vote with the yard work. Heat + mosquitoes makes for a terrible combo.
22. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? A (refried) bean burrito. Or just refried beans. Forever and ever and ever.
23. Who is your favorite author? AHHH, so difficult for me! Again, I will route you to my list of self-help & marriage books that I love, but for fiction I would say Emily Giffin.
24. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Lots! Becca, Beck, RB, Reba, Bounce, Pigeon, Acceber.
25. Do you like or dislike surprises? Generally I dislike, but if it's from a heartfelt & thoughtful intent then I love it.
What are some interesting questions or responses above that apply to you above? I'd love to get to know more about my readers, what makes you YOU and what interests you have. Feel free to comment below.
I hope everyone is having a great week so far and will see you back here on Friday.