It's Tuesday! And you know what that means? Taco Tuesday! And it's the 10th of the month which means today I'm sharing a 10 on the 10th topic. Last month we discussed 10 spring cleaning tips that you can read here! I'm linking up with Erin today to share this month's topic - ten items I keep in my car.
I've had known in the past of being prepared for anything like a Girl Scout by what's in my purse. However, at a friend's baby shower back in January I actually discovered I am nowhere nearly as prepared as some other ladies in my life! I do try to think ahead, but I also value carrying as light of a purse as possible especially if the purse itself is larger or heavier without anything in it. Right ladies? I'm sure you feel me on this!
One way I do try to be prepared is by keeping certain things available in my car. Mind you, I do not yet have children so I am able to carry around much less than any of you mamas out there!
1. Napkins! If I ever stop somewhere for coffee or food, I grab extra napkins to keep in my glove box. I don't know why I have never kept Kleenex as well, only napkins. I guess because in a dire situation they serve as both. But, I can't count how many times I lean across the car to grab a napkin.
2. Hand sanitizer. It's good to have it on the go! My favorite smell-good hand sanitizers are from Bath and Body Works.
3. A travel sized manicure set. Think about this ladies...how many times have you broken, chipped, or ripped a nail and needed to cut or file your nail? It surprisingly comes in handy often enough.
4. Two umbrellas. One large and one small to put in my purse.
5. A seat belt cutting/window breaking thing in case of emergency.
6. A taser gun. Safety first? The FH seems to think so. ;)
7. Leather wipes to clean the inside on a whim.
8. My journal for church notes. I keep it there so I won't forget it!
9. Reusable totes for the grocery store. I frequently forget to take them into the grocery store, but they do help carry larger hauls into the house.
10. A extra pair of sunglasses. I keep a pair in my purse and a pair in my car. Every now and then when I switch purses or carry a smaller purse I find I need my extra pair and am always grateful to have the back up pair.
**Need to add lotion, hair ties, and gum. I used to keep extras in my car but since changing cars a while back I haven't replenished and those are things I always need.
What are items you keep in your car that you're grateful you keep on hand? Any useful suggestions?
Wishing everyone a wonderful & happy Tuesday!