Part of the fun with all trips is planning the outfits...am I right ladies? Well, I struggled to plan for our trip because of the temperatures and what I had envisioned wearing despite where we were planning to travel to. Thankfully in the end it all worked out anyway and I picked up some pieces that will transition throughout the summer and some that will work for next fall and our mild winters. Here's the line up of outfits I wore leading up to our wedding day, our post wedding day brunch, and on our honeymoon.
1) Days before the wedding we ran around town for last minute things such as the required mani/pedis. I loved this dress and it also comes in a top. It felt semi bridal between the white and blue but also perfect for spring / summer.
I paired it with my Tory Burch Miller sandals in "bleach".
2) For our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner I had a few things in mind. Ultimately the dress I LOVED and wanted to keep was just too short for me to feel comfortable so I returned it. =(
However, I loved this top too and decided to go a little casual with white jeans since we were eating Tex Mex after our rehearsal anyway. I have worn this top again already I love it so much! The front of the top is sheer so I wore a white bandeau underneath it.
3) For the day after brunch, I wanted to be in something bridal feeling and ended up loving this lace blouse. In fact, I just wore it again this past week! I didn't get a good picture of it on the day of so please excuse the screen shot of a video we took. =)
4) I ordered this sweater dress in both the grey heather AND the plum color in XS. It runs very large and roomy. They're so soft and comfortable! I wore the grey one on our flight to Istanbul and then used it again as a bathing suit cover up because the temperatures in Montalcino were chilly! Unfortunately I don't have a great photo of me in it.
5) I ordered this cute top from TheCrazyBunnyLady on etsy.com and decided to wear it when we flew from Istanbul to Rome and then drove on to Montalcino in Tuscany. It was a bit chilly and I LOVED the inexpensive faux leather jacket I bought at Ross recently.
6) For dinner the first night we were at CASTELLO di VELONA RESORT, THERMAL SPA & WINERY I wore this gold knit sweater. I absolutely love it! I ordered two lace bralettes to wear and chose to wear the black one so it would show through just a tad, but had a light pink one as well on hand should I feel it was inappropriate. We were one of three tables in the entire restaurant that night so I didn't worry about it. We were 50+ feet away from everyone! You have to look very closely to try to see through it when wearing the pink bralette.
7) When we went to the Pienza area to go truffle hunting and dine at PODERE IL CASALE I had to scramble to figure out what I had packed that was appropriate. We knew we'd be doing quite a bit of walking through fields and it would be cold in the morning but warm up by the time we would have our truffle lunch. Thankfully I managed just fine with my usual go-to's.
8) If I said I just love this maxi dress it would be an understatement. It is so fun, flow-y, and comfortable. I wore it more than once on our trip (once in Montalcino and once in Positano) and felt like a goddess when walking and the dress was flowing around me. I have it in blush and need to order it in black.
10) I feel like I keep talking about this Billabong Night Fox dress, but I truly cannot wear it enough. It is so comfortable and as you can see, can be dressed up or down. I've received compliments on it each time I've worn it!
I just linked these sandals above as a similar option. Aren't they stinkin' cute? They come in multiple colors!
11) I shared this photo already as a Friday Favorite, but since it's a shirt I specifically bought for the honeymoon I thought I should link it in again. I can't locate this precise, inexpensive ($13 or so?) top that I found at Ross but I can find a similar option! The reason I have even had success at Ross, which I don't regularly shop at as I favor Marshalls and TJ Maxx is that there's a brand new Ross and TJ Maxx less than a mile from our house. #score
I feel like I should mention that I brought five pairs of jeans. But, I ended up re-wearing my Rockstar jeans over and over again. They're my favorite right now!
I actually really like this Urban Outfitters blouse that I just linked up above! So pretty and classy.
12) As an honorable mention and because it's on final sale, I did buy this top for our honeymoon and attempted to wear it in Rome when the morning was cool. But, before we even left the hotel to walk around the sun was high and it warmed up fast. So I had to change. I really like the top though and look forward to when I can wear it after the summer. It's so classy! I ordered my usual size and it fits well except a tiny bit small in the shoulders. One size larger would probably work well.
Have you found any new items or outfits lately? Anything on sale? One thing that's been both good and different since I've been home with Lorenzo is that I haven't had ANY time to shop online!! It's so strange because I love to, but I simply don't get to do anything on my computer except try to get a blog post written! Hopefully I'll have some more great finds at bargain prices for you all soon.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday and weekend ahead! I'll be in Nashville this weekend and back online sometime next week when I get back to Texas.